Endowment and planned giving offer the opportunity to make a gift to Gottesman RTW Academy today while supporting the school in the future. It is truly a gift that keeps on giving and is a wonderful way to establish a legacy that will support the school for many generations to come. Gifts can be made from bequests, life insurance policies, stocks, bonds, retirement funds, and/or real estate. Your gift, and the income it generates for Gottesman RTW Academy, becomes a commitment to perpetuating the future vitality of the school.
A "planned gift" can be created to fulfill a long-desired philanthropic interest and may also allow you to increase your personal income, save on taxes, and make a legacy gift to GRTWA that might not otherwise be possible. Planned gifts in various forms are magnificent acts of tzedakah, especially when they memorialize the donor’s name in perpetuity.
- A Gift from Your IRA: Donate all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD) instead of paying income taxes on those funds. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA now if you are 70 1/2 or older. You can also create a legacy gift for the school by designating GRTWA as a beneficiary on your IRA.
- Appreciated Securities: The school is well equipped to accept donated securites such as stocks and bonds. If these securities have been held for more than a year, this donation also helps you avoid capital gains taxes and we will recognize the gift at the full fair market value.
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Many companies have matching gift programs in which they match an employee's gift to a nonprofit organization, which can double the value of your gift. Check with your employer's HR department.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Give a one-time gift to GRTWA that will provide you with a fixed annual income for life.
- Life Insurance Policy: Perhaps you have a paid-up policy with the original reason for purchasing the policy no longer a consideration for which you may transfer ownership to GRTWA. Or you can to establish a new policy naming naming GRTWA as owner and beneficiary.
- Bequest: Make us a part of your family by leaving a gift to GRTWA in your will. The bequest may be a specific sum or a percentage of your estate that would provide a gift to GRTWA for general use or a purpose that you designate.
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF): Donor Advised Funds are easy to set up and even easier for distributing to charitable organizations. We can help you set up a DAF through the Jewish Commmunity Foundation of MetroWest NJ that can be directed to support GRTWA or specific programs.
- Real Estate Donations: If you own land, a home, or commercial prperty outright, we can work with you to capitalize on an efficient transfer of ownership to the school and still reserve the use of that property for the rest of your life. An interest in specific real estate properties can also be a way to fulfill a bequest to the school and establish a legacy gift.
To learn more about giving opportunities available for endowment gifts and planned gifts, please contact Naomi Bacharach, Director of Institutional Advancement, 973-584-5530, ext 3015, or firstname.lastname@example.org.