The membership of the Parent Association (PA) is comprised of the entire parent body of the Gottesman RTW Academy. PA meetings and volunteer opportunities are open to all GRTWA parents; help and suggestions are always welcome. The organization's functions are as follows:
- To provide an opportunity for parents to meet and socialize.
- To act as a liaison between the school and the parents and to improve communication.
- To provide the students of the GRTWA with holiday enrichment and special events
- To participate in various fundraising activities in order to provide the students with these "extras."
All families are urged to participate in the various PA activities - social, fundraising, and volunteer. For more information on PA activities and volunteering, contact the main office at 973-584-5530. We will be happy to put you in touch with a PA representative.
Fundraising Activities - The PA has several fundraising activites throughout the year. Funds raised enable PA to provide enrichment programs for our student, and we encourage all of our families to participate.
Social Activities - Social activities are planned throughout the year, for parents and for families. They are announced in our weekly broadcast emails to the parents.
Enrichment Activities - Volunteers are especially needed to help serve lunches, distribute Friday challahs, and run activities, which we offer our children, parents, and teachers, and staff:
- Book Fair ‑ Each fall, the book fair offers a wide variety of reading materials for the students to purchase for their home libraries.
- Gifts to the Graduates and B’nai Mitzvah ‑ We honor current students by giving a gift to each member of the graduating class and each Bar/Bat Mitzvah on his/her special day.
- Holiday Enrichment ‑ To emphasize the beauty of many of the Jewish holidays, the children are treated with special parties and relevant foods on holidays such as Sukkot, Chanukah, Tu B'Shevat, Purim, and Pesach. In addition, breakfast for junior high and treats for elementary students are provided on Rosh Chodesh.
- School Pictures ‑ In the fall, students have the opportunity to have their individual and class pictures taken.
- Staff Luncheon ‑ We welcome our faculty and staff back to school at a luncheon during their inservice day before school opens in September.